You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers! To get started, simply check one of the choices below:
How does an hidden fence system work outdoors?
Very simply, a wire is installed around the perimeter of your property, establishing your pet’s boundary. A transmitter, usually placed in your basement or garage, sends a radio signal along the wire. The radio signal is picked up by your pet’s collar which emits a warning sound when your pet approaches the Boundary. Proper training is critical to ensure that your pet understands and stays within the established boundaries. During the training process, your Professional Pet Trainer will introduce the customized static correction to your pet which reinforces the boundaries of your property and tells your pet clearly where they can and cannot go.
Do you sell Invisible fence replacement collars, Yes we do, you can also buy them on-line, You can also buy Invisible fence compatible dog fence wire on-line which we will gladly install professionally for you. You can also find great dog fence reviews, electric dog fences for dogs are readily available from brick and mortar retailers as well as on-line retailers.
Does it really work?
Yes, it really does work! We’ve kept thousands of dogs and cats safe at home with a 99.5% success rate for nearly 40 years. Many of our customers were initially worried that hidden fencing wouldn’t work for their pet, but have found that it really does work and have shared their experience with countless other pet owners.
Is a hidden fence system safe for my dog/cat?
Yes, an hidden fence system is safe and humane. It is highly recommended by veterinarians, professional dog trainers, behaviorists and other pet experts.
- Can I take my dog for a walk now that he is trained to the dog fence.
- We encourage you to take your dog for a walk! However, before doing so, we recommend that he is completely trained to the Hidden fence system and all the flags have been removed, which usually takes about 2-3 weeks. We do offer a walk off training lesson to teach your pet how to leave the property for a walk. You should follow the same routine every time you take your dog for a walk. We recommend you follow this routine:
- Walk your dog up to the edge of the boundary line.Tell him to Sit. Tell him to Wait. Put on the collar he normally wears when walking on a lead.Attach a short lead to this collar.Remove his collar and leave it behind (which will avoid any confusion from hearing the tone).Then walk him across the boundary with a clear OK, let’s go. Following this routine in the same place in your yard each time you want your dog to leave the yard, makes it easy for him to learn that he can safely leave his yard in this specific set of circumstances.After you return to the yard (in the same place you left the yard), test your dog to make sure that he understands that when his collar is on he cannot leave the yard. The routine you should follow when you return to your yard is:
- Bring your dog back into the safe area at the same place you left the yard.
- Put the collar on your dog and remove the other collar and the lead attached to it.
- Act like you are going to leave the yard again. Do not say anything.
- If your dog follows you he will be corrected by the fence system for trying to leave. The correction he receives reinforces the idea that he can safely leave the yard only when a specific routine is followed.
Can other animals besides dogs and cats be trained to the Hidden Fence?
Hidden fence Containment system is recommended for dogs and cats, but has been used on other animals such as goats, sheep, donkeys, cows, and pigs – animals that react favorably to conditioning. This product is intended for domestic dogs and cats, and we have only developed training protocols for these pets.
What does the correction feel like?
The correction from a Collar is similar to the sensation you feel when you run your hand across a TV screen or when you walk across a carpet and touch a metal doorknob. The sensation momentarily surprises you and gets your attention.